Saturday, September 9, 2023

 Happy Saturday. I don’t know where you might be reading this but here at my house it is a cool 60 degrees this morning and the sky is a cloudy grey. It looks like it could rain any moment although I don’t think it is projected to do so. My neighbors were just out walking their dogs and they had on sweatshirts. Well, sweatshirts with shorts. LOL. 

Not much new in my world. Kate is not feeling well again today. We took her for another antibiotic shot yesterday. Of course the doctor’s office is closed today and tomorrow so she can’t get one until Monday. We just have no idea where to go with this. And right now, we are still looking at going on our vacation but it won’t be much of a vacation if she is just going to sit in a chair and not feel good or want to do anything. That’s exactly what happened to our last vacation we tried to take in Marilyn. 

I had a good day yesterday. I made three parishioner calls and then I went to the church and ran a bunch of bulletins to try to get ahead enough to go on vacation. Working ahead is always a good thing. But —- that said, I’m soon going to run out of Sunday to be ahead. LOL. I think I only have 14 weeks left until my retirement. Two of those Sundays I will be on vacation, and probably one of those Sundays they will want to hopefully have a candidate for my replacement and will want him or her to do a trial sermon. So, the job is coming to a close. 

I received my pre-ordered Stephen King novel yesterday in the mail. That make three stacked up beside my recliner for my post retirement enjoyment. That will take me awhile s slow as I read. But, I have thee rest of my ice to finish them. And as long as King keeps writing, I’ll keep reading. He is the only author I read besides all of the stuff I read for the job. I have all of his books in hardback. 

I was up way too early this morning. Sometimes I just wake up and it is time to get out of bed regardless of the hour. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, (generally around 0300) and I lay there and toss and turn and my brain clicks on and I think of sermon ideas and out other things. Two nights ago I had the beginning of a poem pop into my head. After I got up for the day, I went down and wrote that poem and it will be the beginning for my Christmas Eve sermon. So, thank you Lord for the mid night brain wave. 

That’s it for today. Have a great weekend. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment