Tuesday, September 12, 2023

 Tuesday, September 12th, it’s an overcast day. We have had some Pringle’s to light rain over night and some this morning. But it is leaving the are now I think. The forecast now call for “fall-like” weather for the next seven days. I’m seeing a few leaves start to fall. 

My day started at the doctor’s office for my annual physical. I’m very happy to report that I am in excellent health for my age. Just some of the routine issues that naturally come with being 79 years old. I’m very blessed. So far I’m living proof that coffee and ice cream just may be good for you. What’s really good about it is thatKate has so many health issues that we don’t need to be adding anything else to the pile. 

Speaking of, —- she is doing better today so far. We are still waiting on lab reports from yesterday to see if she has to go in for another injection of Rocepherin, her antibiotic. Hopefully the answer will be “no’. 

I told you that I had planted some tomatoes this year and that so far they just had not done anything. Well an update. Most of them never did do much of anything at all, I don’t know why, but I have two plants that are providing all of the tomatoes that I could possible want. Kate hasn’t been eating any of them because of her diverticulitis and can’t eat seeds. So I have been enjoying them. I just now finished a couple that I cut up in to pieces and salted. Yesterday a friend came by to visit and I sent some home with her. I need to go out and check on them again in a few moments and pick any more that are ready. If I don’t they will fall off of the vine and I don’t want that to happen. I lost several that way because they fell off when they were still very green. I guess the stem wasn’t strong enough. They aren’t huge tomatoes but they are so very sweet. I don’t know if the the plant tag is still out there or not. I want to get that same variety next year; assuming I plant tomatoes next year. I’m actually contemplating just sowing the raised bed in wild flowers next year.  

That’s about it for today. I have writing to do. Have a wonderful day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment