Saturday, November 25, 2017

Yesterday may have been “Black Friday” but today is certainly “Sunny Saturday”. Gosh, it is beautiful outside. There is a clear brilliant blue sky and the temperature is fifty one degrees with a ten mile an hour breeze. Ms. Deb from next door has already been out on her John Deere and mowed her lawn and I hear at least one more lawn mower going somewhere in the neighborhood. If I were going to put up outdoor Christmas decorations, this would be the day to do it. I’ve seen some people already have their lights up and their Christmas trees are decorated. I actually do have some lights to put up but they aren’t in very good shape and I have yet to figure out how to put them up. Before we had gutter guards I could buy clips to fit over the lip of the gutter and hang them from those, But with gutter guards the clips won’t work. I had tried using those plastic hook with the adhesive on the back but the cold make them useless. Ms. Kate likes for me to put the lights up so I need to concentrate on how to get that done. I also have wreaths to hang in front of the windows but I get a bit more shaky each year on the ladder trying to put them up. I may work on that this afternoon though.

Our Thanksgiving festivities continue today as we go to Karen’s house and have lunch with her and her family. It is going to be a beautiful day to be at her house. She has a beautiful home that sits across the street on a hill overlooking the Ohio River. Her living room has a panoramic view of the river and I could sit there for hours just watching the barges go up and down the river especially on a beautiful day like today. I’ve been known to take more than a few naps sitting in front of those windows with the sun streaming in on me.

I talked about Black Friday and the chos that goes with it so often yesterday in my blog. True to what I said, there was a news story about a mall in Alabama that had to be shut down by the police because of the fights that broke out on Thanksgiving night and It wasn’t even Black Friday yet. These were people lined up to barge through the doors as soon as the sales started around midnight. I swear, some people have no more civility that street rats fighting over a crumb of bread.

Tomorrow is Sunday once again and we have begun the Christmas season. What better time to stop what you are doing and goto your local house of worship and join others as they celebrate the coming birth of Jesus Christ. If you are a professed Christian, don’t think of this as being just another Christmas. Stop and re-read the scriptures and pray about the impact that this birth has on your life. If you are not a Christian, I urge you to get a Bible, turn to the gospels, (the first four books of the New Testament) and read them. I personally believe that the love that pours out of those four Gospels will bring you a special warmth that come from being in close proximity with God. Have a great Day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment