Monday, November 6, 2017

Rise and Shine! It’s a Monday morning and a start of another week. I hope your weekend was excellent. We had a good weekend around here. Ms. Kate and I did a little shopping and running around but nothing exciting. Yesterday we went to church, then stopped at McDonalds for lunch because they have their McRib sandwiches out again. I don’t know what it is that makes them so popular. Granted they taste pretty good butbut they are still just “fused meat. I think they have a very smart marketing strategy for them by only putting them out for a limited time. It makes people think they are really something special. Isn’t it amazing how easily the American consumer can be manipulated?

We had storms roll through last night and now my yard looks like we had a NYC Confetti parade with all of the leaves in it. Assuming the rain will hold off today I’ll go run the mower over it once more time. My trees are at the 95% clear stage so this should be the last time I have to do anything with the yard back here.

There was another mass shooting in this country yesterday. Some young guy went into a Baptist church and killed 26 people and wounded another 25 or so. How do we even begin to make sense of somethng like that? I certainly don’t know. I don’t know much more than that because I haven’t turned on the news yet today. I know the gunman is dead and as of last night the police had no motive. But, I can not imagine what would make a person have so much hate in their heart tha they would go and do something like that. As weird as it my sound for me to say this, I hope they were people that he had a connection with in some manner. In some horrible way that would be more comforting that thinking he was just driving by a church and decided to go in and kill everybody. Regardless, I certainly offer my prayers for the victims and families of the victims and I offer up prayers for the people of this nation.

That’s it for today. I need to put my mind on something else and I have work to do. have a blessed day and stay in touch with the Lord God who gives you life and hope. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment