Thursday, November 2, 2017

 I heard the trash collector truck come buy so it must be Thursday. It is a cloudy and warm (62 degrees) morning. My Accuweaher App tells me that we won’t have rain for at least two hours. I have found that app to be pretty reliable. Although, it sure does look like rain could come at any minute. The rain has really knocked the leaves down again and my sidewalk is a mess. I need to go out and fill birdfeeders today but I think I’ll wait and see if the sun comes out and the ground dries a little. I have forgotten to pick up any more sunflower seed so I may have to do that today. I’ll need a couple of 40# bags as the can is really low. There may be enough to fill one more round but I’m not sure.

Ms. Kate and I didn’t do much yesterday. She worked on her Christmas cards and I did get my sermon finished. I haven’t handed it over to her yet as she had her mind on her cards. There was a time when she could have done both, make her cards and read/critique my paper but those days are gone since her stroke a few years back. It frustrates her that she can’t multi-task like she used to. I’ve never been much of a multi-tasker. LOL, I’m more likely to jump from one task to another and then forget where I was. I had a Colonel once that I worked for that always preached using the “PAC Man” theory towards our tasks; ie one bite at a time wins the game. I think he was right.

The sun is actually making its way through the clouds albeit briefly. I is amazing how it changes the dynamics of the back yard when that happens. The leaves, which have all gone fairly orange by now just really brighten up when the sun hits them. Ans of course I have always said that my cardinals and other colorful birds look so much brighter when the sun hits their feathers. I just look at it as another one of God’s blessings passed down for me to enjoy.

The sermon that I just finished was on the joy of having a relationship with Jesus Christ and how it affects me and my life. It is times like I’m having right now that brings me to think about that. I look around me at my back yard and my critters at the buffet and I can see one of two images. I can either focus on how many leaves are down and now much work I have to do to get the yard cleaned up yet again, and how much money it is going to cost me at the Pet Food Store today; or — I can focus on the beautiful leaves and the fact that God has provided a warm sixty plus degree day for me to enjoy as I sit here with my cup of coffee and watch the birds as they come in for breakfast and a dip in the bird bath. Am I saying that I couldn’t enjoy the scene outside my window if I didn’t have a relationship with Christ? — No, I’m not saying that. But I firmly believe that I find much more peace and joy in this scene because I am amazed at the complexity of what I see and I understand from whence it came. I define it as the difference between “looking at” and “seeing.”

So, — having said that, I now pray you will have a blessed day and that you too will feel the joy and peace that comes from a relationship with God, the Father and Christ Jesus, the Son. May the Holy Spirit be your guiding force today. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment