Wednesday, November 8, 2017

What a wonderful, bright and beautiful morning!!! Thank you very much God! The sky is blue and I only see a single cloud. It is 42 degrees and a breeze is blowing that is just strong enough to keep the Corinthian chimes softly ringing. There were a couple of cardinals sitting on the bird bath a moment ago and the sun made them look a brilliant red. Wow; just one blessing after another this morning.

I see that the sunflower feeders up here in the willow three are empty so I reckon I need to go fill them up today. And — between the woodpeckers and the starlings, the bark butter feeders are needing some refill too. At the moment I have a large Ladderback woodpecker enjoying a meal from the suet cakes. The ground appears to be moving again this morning from all of the little birds that are eating from it. Once again the yard is full of junkos and finches and a few cardinals. I wonder if maybe it is a migration of junkos; though we always have junkos in the winter. They and the Chickadees are my favorite winter birds, — along with my cardinals of course. Speaking of cardinals, there are two of them out theere taking baths this morning. It makes me cold to think of that.

As hoped yesterday, the breeze has dried out the leaves on my sidewalks and patio sufficiently to blow them off with the blower. Then I can run the lawn mower over the yard and clean it up one last time. My big trees are basically done dropping leaves although I’ll be the recipient of some maple leaves from neighbors on both the west and south sides of the house. I guess it is a fair exchange; I get to see the beauty of the yellow leaves before they fall.

Some time today I need to get Ms. Kate to tell me where she wants me to plant her tulip bulbs. She bought a bag of them some weeks ago and they are still sitting in the garage on my work bench. I don’t think it is too late to get them in the ground. We do like to se our tulips come up in the spring but every so often we need to plant new ones. I don’t know if the voles eat them or they just “wear out” and don’t produce after a couple of years. But while it is a sunny and kind of warm day, it would be a good day to do that little chore. I’m hoping the ground is dry enough to work it a bit. I don’t want to be “mudding” in bulbs. We’ve had to do that in the past and it never works out that well.

Having said all of that, it is time to get busy and be productive for today. I pray your day will be blessed and I hope you have time to get outside for a bit and enjoy the world that God has provided, especially if it is as nice a day as we are having.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment