Saturday, November 11, 2017

If birds can be happy, I think mine are this morning. While two of the bird baths were frozen over, the electric one provided a nice spa experience for them this morning. By now the temperature is up to forty so the other two have their ice melted, but the birds were literally in a ring around the lip of the electric one this morning.

We lost our cable connection yesterday afternoon. The neighbor two doors down has a major sewer line problem and had an escalator company out there working. They cut the main feed for cable for a whole bunch of us. That meant we had no land line telephone, no internet, and no television cable! We were in the dark ages. Don’t they realize that a crisis like that could force families to actually have to converse face to face?? Well — Ms. Kate and I weren’t going to to be forced into a situation like that! We whipped out our IPhones and turned on the “hotspot” and used our IPads. Then we figured out that we didn’t need cable to play a DVD on the television. So we watched a movie.  No cable company is going to trick us into personal conversation.  I went to bed around 2330 and Ms. Kate said that the cable maintenance unit showed up around 0030 hours. So, we are back out of the dark ages.

I have had at least a dozen cardinals out here most of the morning. It has been a wonderful sight. The sunflower feeders that I filled a couple of days ago are half empty by now. I may need to top them off before the day is out. It is supposed to get cold again tonight and I want my critters to have plenty of food and water.

Ms. Kate wants to go to a Christmas Bazaar today that one of the churches is having. And we have to go to Mejier’s and get some groceries. We need to take a salad of some kind to the church potluck lunch tomorrow and need the fixings for that. And there are a couple of other things on the list to pick up. Starting tomorrow afternoon I’m covering for the pastor as he and his wife go on vacation to see the baptism of their granddaughter. I’ll be preaching the sermon next Sunday too. We have a couple of people in the hospital that I may need to visit this week too. It wil be like “old times” again.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I hope you will take the time to go to a house of worship. I personally find that starting the week out with worship and prayer just gets the new week prepared. So, I urge you to stop your life long enough to give God some time. Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment