Thursday, November 9, 2017

 There are satisfied squirrels and birds everywhere at the back yard buffet this morning. I filled the sunflower feeders and the bark butter feeders yesterday afternoon and they are all being well used. I have customers everywhere. The ground also looks to be moving once again with the junkos hopping around all over the place. And I have two squirrels that are either having a heck of a battle this morning or they are playing a vicious game of tag. I don’t know which. However, they have been up and down every tree in the yard several times and have circled this entire yard chasing one another back and forth. I suspect it is a territorial thing. I have another squirrel that is stretched out from the branch to the feeder. He is holding on to the branch with his back feet and the feeders with his front feet. And — he is trying to eat his way through the aluminum lid on the feeder to get to the sunflower seeds. It did the same thing yesterday fro almost 20 minutes and finally gave up. Of course, it didn’t even make a scratch on that lid. But, I must admire its determination.

It is a beautiful fifty two degree morning with a fairly stiff breeze. I cleaned up the leaves on the sidewalk and in the yard yesterday but the local maple trees are sharing their beauty with me once again not only by being beautiful but then landing in my yard so I can get a closer look. How nice of them. At least the leaves are much smaller than the leaves from my tulip poplar trees so they ate far less noticeable. Neighbor Dan, across the street has a soft maple in his front yard that is beautiful with all of its orange and yellow leaves. But his trees have lost a lot of their leaves now too so I went over while I had my lawn tractor out and used the mulcher blade on his yard too. Ms. Kate used to do a great job of mulching leaves out my my parent’s house. Dad had a Cub Cadet and there were six trees on the back hill. She would go out there and run that Cub over those leaves until they were practically powder. Dad liked to watch her out there and mentioned what a great job she was doing. Little did he know that she was doing the same thing that I do when I get on my John Deere; — enjoying the peace and quiet, and in her case, — avoiding having to have conversation with the in-laws. LOL

I didn’t plant the tulips yesterday because the ground was still a bit muddy. I’ll try again this afternoon and see if it is any better. It wasn’t terrible yesterday and I think it should be a bit better today. I need to get them in the ground though. And while I’m out there I can get some of the winter weeds dug out of the flowerbed. I suddenly have a rash of what I’ve always called wild cabbage. And I have a real mole problem out front in my yard. We’ve never had moles until the last couple of years and I really don’t know what to do about them. I need to get on Google and do some research.

that is about it for today folks. I need to get on with my day. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment