Monday, March 11, 2024

 Happy Monday, happy new week. We have a bright sunny day so far. It has been a nice morning to get a few errands done. Right now though we are waiting on Kate’s Home Health nurse to arrive  for her weekly visit. 

I think I told you that I had planted my tomato seeds in their cups while Lisa was here. Well, I checked them yesterday and I have seedlings up in almost every cup. So, I took the sandwich baggies off of them and have set them out in the sunporch under a grow light. They will stay there for several weeks and continue to grow until I think the last frost possibility is over. I have to say, that grow light at night looks like a landing zone for UFO’s on Devil’s Tower. Anyway, I think it will be mid April before they are ready to plant. 

I got the JD out and rode around in the front yard this morning cutting all of the onions off. It now smells like spring! And, the yard was looking shaggy, but now it looks like it is loved. The back yard is a long was off from needing mowing. All of the shade back there makes the grass grow exceptionally slow. All of our daffodils and hyacinths, spirea, and crocus are blooming and the yard really looks great. The peonies are coming up really well too. It was certainly an early spring and a beautiful one too. 

Wednesday, we take Kate for her barium exam and then we wait for another week to see the surgeon again. I’m beginning to offer up prayers for patience because it seems like the process just keeps extending itself out. 

Okay, the nurse is here so I’ll wrap this up. Have a blessed week. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment