Wednesday, March 20, 2024

 Well, I woke up this morning not a multi-millionaire. I didn’t get a single number of the ones picked for the winning ticket. But then, 290 million other people didn’t win it either so the prize will just climb some more. I don’t buy a lottery ticket very often but when it gets up to numbers like 900 million, I buy one “just because I certainly can’t win if I don’t buy one”. I don’t have any “magic numbers” like so many people do; I just buy a “quick pick” and imagine what I might be able to do with the money. Frankly, that kind of money is so far beyond my ability to imagine that I have no idea. I don’t try to make any “bargains with God” or any “I promise I will” statements. So, back to reading my book. LOL

The Home Health nurse was here this morning for Kate. She examined Kate’s open wound and said it is a lot smaller but she does not think that Dr. Roberts will “okay” surgery yet. That’s a real bummer. But, we will see. I’m really hoping he will. As I have said, dealing with this isn’t a big deal. I change her bag on a routine basis and I change her would dressing twice a day. But, I know she is really tired of it. Having said that though, we are so blessed that this is a temporary thing. Her surgery was only five weeks ago today even though it might feel like five months or maybe five years some days. He doctor had said maybe six weeks so we are actually on schedule. “Lord, give me patience.”

Her physical therapist just arrived and will spend about 30 minutes with her. I don’t know that it is helping her any but maybe it is. Her therapy isn’t painful for her although it does make her tired. I suspect they may not continue her PT much longer. She’s doing well enough. 

So, I guess I will jump off and watch Kate go through her routine. Have a blessed day. Peace. 








No comments:

Post a Comment