Monday, March 25, 2024

 A blessed Monday to you. I hope you enjoyed your Palm Sunday. Of course, as I have mentioned, we are still attending "Recliner Church". We watched our Zoar Church service which is our "home church" and then we watched the St. Lucas service. Both were good services. Our pastor at Zoar does a good job and preaches a good sermon. His preaching method is to basically walk through the Bible, a book at a time. I reckon by the time he has been there 66 years he will have made it all the way through. LOL The interim pastor at the Ft. Branch parish is doing a good job of keeping the parish running until they find a permanent pastor. I wish I knew how their search is going but it isn't appropriate for me to ask. 

As I told you Friday, we have a surgery date for Ms. Kate to have her resection done. Believe me, we are counting down the days. Our care for her has become very much a routine. But we will both be glad to be able to get out of those routines. I change her wound bandage twice a day and she manages her own stoma bag emptying. When necessary I change that for her, generally about every third day. The hardest part has been getting the right supplies. Our Home Health nurse, Melinda, has been extremely helpful with that. She generally comes once a week. Kate isn't having physical therapy this week; her therapist is on vacation. Then next week they will evaluate her to see if she still needs more therapy. I'm doubting they will continue. Kate gets around pretty well, although she needs to get up out of her chair more and do some walking around the house or maybe even get on the recumbent bike for a few minutes each day to increase her strength. What is really wonderful news though is that as discomforting as the daily routine of care is; ---- not once in the now six weeks since her surgery has she been bothered by any of the "pre-surgery" stomach and intestine pain of the diverticulitis. Who knows --- after this next surgery, she might be able to actually say -- "I feel great".

My tomato plants are really doing well. This week I am going to "thin them". When I planted them, I put two and sometimes three seeds in each cup. They have grown enough now that it is time to cut them back to one plant per cup and add soil to each cup. My videos that I watch say to not pull out the extra plants in each cup but to cut the extras off. I have also been saving my coffee grounds and will add a few coffee grounds to each cup. That adds acid to the soil. I don't know why I'm so hot on growing these things but I am having a ball with this process. I can hardly wait until they get a little taller and we get past last frost of the season and I can plant them out in my raised bed. It is my desire to have more tomatoes than I know what to do with. Silly me!!!

That's it for today. I hope it warms up. The forecast says it will warm and then tonight and tomorrow we get a bunch of rain. 

Have a blessed week. This week takes us to the cross of Jesus Christ. For me and my fellow Christians, this is a most Holy week. May God bring you peace. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment