Saturday, February 3, 2024

 The weekend. Has arrived. Happy Saturday to you. I’m sitting in my family room recliner cause it is still a bit cool to be in the sunporch. ButI’m looking out at a beautiful day.  The sun is shining brightly and not a cloud in the sky. It looks like one of those days that I should put on my jeans and go outside and do something in the yard. But —- it is 36 degrees so I think I will pull the reins on that thought for a couple of hours. It is supposed to get up to 58 later today. Actually there isn’t  any work to be done outside just yet but I do want to work on my garage and will have the overhead door open while I do that. I have been promising myself that I will try to straighten up my garage for some time. But it gets really cold out there too. 

Did I tell you that we have an actual surgery date for Ms. Kate? It is February 14th. Yesterday we went to the surgery center for her to pick up her instructions and materials for surgery prep. We are eleven days out now. While we aren’t excited about having surgery, we are excited about the expected outcome of the surgery. The really good thing is that she is going into the surgery in much better condition than she was. That in and of itself will help with the healing process. 

Thursday we went up to my sister-in-lw’s house so I could gather some pecans for my squirrels. Karen’s two pen trees have been super prolific this year. I don’t need them for us to eat but I wanted to gather some for my squirrels. I have this super “rollater” pecan picker-upper that make the job easy and fun. I gathered a five gallon bucket to the brim with pecans and I never left her driveway. This is the second “picking” that I have done this winter. I throw a couple of dozen pecans at a time out by my bird feeders and by the next morning they are all gone. It is a win-win situation; Karen gets her driveway cleaned off and I get free food for my squirrels. Her house sits on the Ohio River with an unobstructed view of the river so I take my time. There is a walking trail along the highway that is always busy with walkers and  bicycle riders and I watch the river barges as they approach or pass through the Dam a half mile up the road. It makes for an excellent hour or so especially if the wind isn’t blowing. Thursday was perfect. 

I think it is time for me to visit the kitchen and toast a bagel or something and then get dressed to start my day. I pray you have a wonderful weekend. Please take time to visit your house of worship. God has blessed you a million times this week. Take time to give tanks for that. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment