Monday, February 12, 2024

 Welcome back to a brand new Monday. I hope you had a great weekend. Ms. Kate and I had a “mixed weekend”. 

We are in the middle of her surgery prep and are only two days away. We have to be at the hospital at 0700 on Wednesday morning for a 0930 surgery. In the mean time, she is now off of her Coumadin blood thinner medicine and I am having to give her Lovenox shots as a “bridge” until after the surgery. She’s having four shots a day and we have given her 10 for far and she has 6 more to go through tomorrow evening. She also has had four days of drinking a “Boost” like product and has one more of those to drink yet today. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day because she has to go through a system “clean-out” similar to a colonoscopy prep. Plus she has to drink a gross amount of her medicine for that mixed with Gatorade. Yuk!! Bless her heart. I’m asking for continued prayers for her once again. 

I got a text Saturday afternoon from my pastor asking if I could fill in for him Sunday morning. His wife, Kari, has Covid so he is quarantined along with her. I pray she doesn’t pass it to him. Of course I agreed to step in. It’s been only six weeks since I last did a service but I have missed it. The service went well. Pastor Shane is lucky in that he has two pastors in the congregation, myself and Pastor Art, who can step in if needed. Of course I don’t hold a candle to Pastor Art. Pastor Art has a Doctorate degree and has been preaching for over 60 years. But, I’m glad and thankful to be of help when I can. 

It is a beautiful sunny but chilly day. It’s hard to think that the forecasters are saying we may be getting rain and maybe even snow yet today. But, not much we can do about it. It is supposed to be in the forties again tomorrow so if we get any snow, it won’t amount to a hilll of beans. (Hmmmm, I wonder where that expression came from? What is a hill of beans worth? What kind of beans are we talking about?)

Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment