Tuesday, February 6, 2024

 Another day of waking up to sunshine and clear skies. It like like a great morning to sit out in the sun porch and watch my guests at the Backyard Buffet; —- but it is 32 degrees so maybe not. Not until I go turn on my space heater and let it set for aa bit. 

I was up a little earlier this morning because I was supposed to have an optometry appointment at 0915.  But when I picked up my phone this morning I had a message from the doctor’s office saying that my doctor would not be in today so I would have to reschedule. That works fine for me. I rescheduled for the week after Kate’s surgery. She should be home by then and recovering. Hopefully she will be fine to leave alone, at least that is what we expect. 

So today, Kate is going to try to get in to get her hair trimmed prior to her surgery. I don’t see that she needs a haircut but if she thinks she does — then she does. Now that my day is open I think I will go to ACE Hardware or to Lowes and get my potting soil so I can plant my tomato seeds and get them going. I have never started tomato’s from seeds before so this is an experiment. I have two different kinds of tomato seeds that I ordered and a package of yellow summer squash seeds. I will wait on the squash seeds and just plant them directly in the pots I plan to use after last possible frost. But I wanted to try starting my tomato’s from seeds this year. I’m using the “solo cup” method that I saw in a You Tube video. I reckon I will see what happens. It could turn out to be a lot more trouble than it is worth or I might just end up with a bumper crop and more tomatoes than I know what to do with. 

Kate and I watched one television show last night, the Kid’s Baking Championship and then spent the evening reading our respective books. Art Christmas loaned me a book from his library on Sunday by Wayne Oates. Dr. Oates was one of Art’s professors and mentors in seminary. The book is a good read. I finished a third of it last night. Maybe I’ll read some more of it today while I’m waiting for the temperature outside to warm up. 

Ms. Kate and I filled bird feeders yesterday afternoon and threw out some more pecans for the squirrels. Those are all gone already this morning. 

That’s it for today. I pray your day will be blessed. I ask for the Lord too pass His hand over you and bring comfort to whatever obstacles might be in your path today. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment