Wednesday, January 31, 2024

 It’s Wednesday and it is the last day of January 2024. I recall a year ago thinking that I only had 11 more months until I retired and now, here I am, already retired for a full month.  I wonder, am I supposed to have anything to show for that? If so, I failed because I can’t say I have anything to show for it. One day has gone by just like the one before it. We go from doctor appointment to doctor appointment for Ms. Kate waiting for a surgery date. We thought and hoped we would have her surgery out of the way before Christmas but as you know, that didn’t happen. But, we have all of our part of the deal complete, she has all of her clearances and the thing we’re waiting for now is word back from the family doctor on how he wants her to handle her Coumadin prior to the surgery. Certainly she has to be off it or risk “bleeding out” during surgery. The options as I understand it are that she goes off of the medicine for “x” number of bays to get it out of her system or we do what is called a bridge by me giving her Lovenox shots. But waiting for an answer is frustrating. Today we have to take her in for blood work again. (Sigh)

Kate and I went out to dinner last evening. It was the first time we have done that in I don’t know how long. We went to St. Joe Inn for some good “tavern food”. The special was fried chicken and their fried chicken is better than a lot of places. Combine that with some good German Fried potatoes, homemade bread, green beans, fried mushrooms and Cole slaw and it is a meal that is hard to beat. We so seldom go out to eat, mainly because Kate is  the “drive-thu and pick it up” queen. She has had to really watch what and how much she eats for over a year now so going out to a sit down restaurant just is not worth the time and money. When we fix food here at home she will eat a few bites and then is done. And she doesn’t like left-overs. It has not been fun fixing meals here for the past year. But, the “good side “of things is that we have both lost some weight and we needed to do that.

I have started several writing projects. I’m not sure what they will turn out to be. They might be sermons for some future use or they might just end up as files for someone to delete from my computer when I’m dead. But, I get these things running through my head and I write them down. Who knows, one of them could turn into a book eventually. 

With that —- I’m done for today. Have a wonderful day. Take time to give thanks to God for your blessings. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment