Thursday, July 6, 2023

 Good morning on an already warm July 6th morning. It is 76 degrees and the sun is shining bright. The humidity isn’t quite miserable yet but give it a couple of hours. 

I need to check the garden today an see if the ground has dried up to the point that I need to water. We had rain over the weekend so maybe I can put it off for a another day or two. I think we are predicted to have more rain on Friday night or Saturday. If we could get a good rain once a week, I wouldn’t have to water at all. 

Speaking of the storm from the weekend, I heard last night that the last remaining residents had finally gotten their power back on yesterday. The storms were pretty tough north of us and around the churches. I know we had parishioners that had power out through Monday. The power at St. Lucas had gone off prior to the start of the service for a little while but came back on at the right time and stayed on. We did not live stream the service though because the person who was supposed to do that was home nursing their generator to keep power at their home. Our forecasters say that the rain and or storms this weekend should not be a bad. Several of the farmers had field corn go down and may not get it to come back up. That’s not a good thing. 

I spent most of yesterday writing. I’m working my way through the month of July creating services. I have July 30th to do yet and July will be done. Hard to believe I will be working on August already. The year is passing by rather quickly. Pretty soon I need to start working on our travel plans for our September vacation trip. We are got to Fredericksburg, TX for most of a week. We have invited sister-in-low karen to go along and we will meet Heather and John there and maybe Stephanie and Chris too. That is what is called “Texas Hill Country” and it is a beautiful area. It is also a large German community and the food in that area is delicious. When we leave there, we are going to San Antonio for a couple of days. Karen has never been there so it will be a new adventure for her. 

That’s about it for this beautiful day. I hope your day is filled with good things. Take time to give thanks for your blessings and maybe even share one or two with someone. If nothing else, share a smile; you never know who needs one at that very moment. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment