Monday, July 10, 2023

 Monday July 10th! A new week has opened up and God has again given us a new opportunity to do something good for somebody. I have not stepped outside yet this morning but it looks like a beautiful day. My home weather station says shows that it is 91 degrees outside and yet my Apple Watch says it is 80. My Accuweather app says it is 82 and only going up to 88 today. That jives with what I heard last night on the news so — I don’t know what is going on with the temperature gauge on my home weather station. The best news though is that the humidity is supposed to have dropped into the comfortable category. 

We had a good weekend. Ms. Kate has gotten to the point of “normal” s far as her healing is concerned and doesn’t mind putting next to skin clothing on. So, we have been getting out of the house once again. Saturday we went to the farm stands and picked up some fresh vegetables; corn on the cob, squash, tomatoes. Yesterday, after church we came home and fixed a “farm-stand lunch”. It was great. For dessert we had watermelon. Very refreshing. 

There aren’t a lot of things on the agenda for this week. Tomorrow I have a funeral home visitation to make. The brother of a parishioner passed away so I will go express our condolences. Since it is up in Princeton, I guess I will stop by River Oaks health care facility and visit with my parishioner that lives there. I haven’t visited with him in a while, although I did call him and talk to him last week. He is 90 years old. He just got over COVID early last week. After I finish with that, I think I will go run the bulletins for this week and get that out of the way. 

I’m convinced that God prompts us to do things “out of the blue” sometimes. I had a sudden urge last evening to drop a text to a cousin of mine. We occasionally text back and forth but certainly noting regular. I received a text back from her this morning saying that she was just thinking about texting me. He husband has been diagnosed with small-cell lung cancer and is stage four. She was going to ask me for prayers. She and her husband both have a strong faith so I know she’s in the right place mentally. But, they both know that this will lead to his passing. So, if you would —- say a word of prayer for Mona and Bob.

On that note, I will drop off foro today. Have a blessed week. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment