Thursday, July 13, 2023

 77 degrees this morning and the humidity is already making itself felt. I have only gone out for a few minutes but I could tell that I didn’t want to be out there very long. I wanted to put some fresh hummingbird feed out. The phlox has started blooming well and that draws the hummingbirds in better that my feeders do. But, a feeder will provide a good alternative for them. We never get a lot of hummingbirds at out place. I have seen places locally that seems to get a lot. Up at St. Paul’s church, the folks that rent the parsonage always seems to get a lot every year. They put out three feeder, I think and there are a bunch of birds constantly fighting over them. When we were stationed at March Air Force Base I had hummingbird feeders hanging on my front porch and the humerus would constantly come to them. In fact, they would come right up and buzz in your face and sometimes, I would hold a small vessel of feed in my hand and they would come and drink from that. It was fascinating.  So, I don’t know why we don’t get more of them here at the house now. I get enough other wonderful gusts at the Backyard Buffet, I reckon I can’t fuss too much. 

Since I got my outside work done yesterday. I get to relax today. The only thing on the agenda is the HVAC folks coming to service the air conditioner. They come twice a year; early summer for the air conditioner and early winter for the furnace. We’ve used the same company for the past 22 years and they do well by us. I do a yearly contract with them. I guess I will spend most of the day down in my office working on church stuff. I’m trying to stay ahead of things because you never know what will pop up. And, starting Sunday, we will be doing the Bible study. That might cause some extra questions or work depending what the discussion brings. 

Speaking of working ahead, I’m millions around the possibility of another sermon series for Advent and it will basically go through the end of my employment at the parish. So, I want it to be meaningful. Right now, I’m thinking that maybe I can find a way to mix the “Christmas story” with the prophesy of the arrival of a messiah from Isaiah. I’m not sure that I can stretch that through five weeks though. Of course, I may not have to depending on whether they can find an interim or a settled pastor by then. I doubt they will but that is always a possibility. 

It’s time, I think to fix a bit of breakfast so I am jumping off of this wagon. Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment