Saturday, August 21, 2021

 Good morning, what a beautiful morning it is. It is sunny and currently 77 degrees and the breeze keeps the Corinthian Chimes playing and the garden Whirly-gig turning. All of that will change before the day is over if the predictions are right and we’ll have rain yet today. I don’t really care one way or the other. 

Yesterday Ms. Kate and I had ours selves a “day-date”. She has been wanting to go tp PF Chang’s restaurant for a meal. Our closest one is over on the east side of Louisville, KY, maybe two and a half hours away. It was a beautiful day so why not have a go at it. Since we would be passing very close to where Julie works, I called her and asked if we could pick her and Jm up something  from the restaurant and of course she said yes. It’s a favorite of theirs too. Since we were going to see her, I boxed up a bunch of our tomatoes to take along and Kate had bought something for Julie that she knew she would like and we took that along too. All-in-all it was a really great trip and we were back here by 1500 hours, just in time for nap time. We feel so very blessed that Julie and Jim live this close to us that we can be there in a couple of hours to see them. The only problem is that they are always working. He’s a day-time factory worker but has a lot of overtime, and she is the bookstore manager for a college and has not near enough help which means she puts in way too many hours, plus is in her senior year of college herself, hoping to graduate next June. So those two hardly see each other, let alone us. 

I really need to fill bird feeders today. The feeders are down to empty or bare minimum and I have a lot of frustrated birds and squirrels out there this morning. The good thing is that the starling gang is finding empty feeders so maybe they will go away. Although I think they post a sentry somewhere as a lookout for when I do fill them. We need to mix up some fresh hummingbird food and refresh those feeders. We have not had hummingbirds for most of the summer but suddenly the are around. We have three that are frequently buzzing around here and I don’t want give them a chance to go elsewhere. 

We are four weeks away from the 100th year anniversary on one of my churches. We have a committee that has worked diligently putting together a celebration. Yesterday she texted me and told me that she had come down with COVID despite having been vaccinated. Bless her heart. I really hope that it will be a mild case for her and she can get over it quickly. She’s probably in panic mode because she knows how much she has to do. She is a workaholic like so many people. She follows the example I have always used; —- if you want something done — ask a busy person. Prayers for her!!!

I need to check out the two containers that I planted potatoes in and see if they are good or if I waited too long and let them rot in the ground. I also have a bunch of other outside work to do so I need to get off my duff and get on it. I hope you have a blessed day and I pray you will take time to go to your house of worship and enjoy the comfort of sitting in God’s house with like believers for awhile.

Until next time. Peace. 















No comments:

Post a Comment