Tuesday, August 10, 2021

 Good morning on this quasi-cloudy but hot already day. Today and the next couple of days are supposed to be miserable weather days. Although we had some really beneficial rain Sunday night into Monday, it’s going to dry out rather quickly with the heat. We are going under a heat advisory starting at 11:00 am and going until 8:00 pm tonight. Then we do it all over again on Wednesday and Thursday. I need to get my gathering basket and go cut okra, cucumbers, and tomatoes this morning before that heat sets in then I can stay in and not worry about it. 

The Backyard Buffet has ben really busy this morning. Mainly it has ben the finches and other of the smaller birds that have been here but they have been here a lot. There is a lot of chirping and cheeping going on out there. It is cute to watch, especially my wrens. They are such quick and animated little fellows. They hop here and there. They get down in the flower pots and dig for something, but I don’t have any idea what they are looking for. Then they will set up on the edge of the flower pot and just sing their little hearts out. They are so cute. I also have maybe a half dozen cardinals and then also several varieties of woodpeckers\. It is seldom dull sitting out there in the sunporch. I always think of my mother-in-law when I am out there. She was an avid bird enthusiast and would have loved sitting out there with me watching the birds. Actually, we have her to thank for our sunporch. She left us money to have it built when she passed. So, I should call that the Adelia Parton Room I guess. 

Well, Ms. Karen’s funeral is written and planned. The organist haas the program and has already practiced the music. I’ve gotten so many calls from folks wanting to know if we should do this or do that. The strange thing is that as i said yesterday, these are all “Karen questions”. Karen would have answered all of these questions and handled most of it herself. She is certainly going to be missed in so very many ways. Other folks are going to have to “step up” as they say, but I can see that happening already. 

Ms. Kate and I went to the movies last night. We went to see the new Disney movie, “Jungle Cruise”  with Dwayne Johnson. It was a typical Dwayne Johnson action comedy. The theater was empty. There was one other couple in there besides us. Needless to say, social distancing was not a problem. 

That’s it for today/. Try to stay cool. Peace. 












No comments:

Post a Comment