Wednesday, August 11, 2021

 Ugh! It’s hot and muggy already and the day has barely gotten started. Well, actually it’s one third over because it is 0830. But the feels like temp is already up to 86 degrees. I’ve been sitting out in the sunporch  of course, watching all of the birds at the Backyard Buffett. I have a lot of finches, cardinals, sparrows\, woodpeckers, and a blue jay. I had a squirrel here for a bit but he has moved on for awhile I guess. Maybe a neighbor has a better selection, although I would find that hard to believe. They get the best of the best here at the Buffet. 

As planned yesterday, Ms. kate and I did go out and pick the garden yesterday. We got a bunch of okra but she says it is too big. I don’t know why that is bad but I guess there is a size limit before it gets tough or something. Hey, I just plant and harvest; I don’t cook. 

I’m sitting here eating Honey Oat Granola pieces like i like it or something. I’m not much for granola but this stuff is pretty tasty. She bought it at Fresh Market and it’s called Granola Breakup and it is in chunks, sort of like little cookies, and I never say “no” to cookies, unless of course they are soft cookies. Then you can have them. But, I may just have to get myself a bowl of yogurt and put some of this in it for my breakfast. I have a cantaloupe that we need to prep today too. All this healthy food might just do me in. LOL

This evening we have funeral visitation to do fro the Paul family and Ms. Karen. The visitation goes from 4-8 today and then again from 1-2 tomorrow until the funeral starts. I think it will be a packed house even though it is a mid-day event. She was dearly loved. 

I got a good start on my sermon for the 22nd yesterday but I need to finish that today. Time is closing in on me with lots of appointments and stuff before our vacation at the end of the month. We have dental, we have optometry, I have a physical, all next week. So, I need to get my writing done and my sermon prep. I actually have to finish this one, and then one for Sept 5th, which is Labor Day weekend and the Sunday after we get back. Time does just keep rolling along. 

So, before it rolls too much further, I guess I’ll drop off and head downstairs to my office. I hope you have a pleasant day full of God’s grace and glory. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment