Tuesday, August 24, 2021

 Tuesday morning and it is going to be another scorcher today with a feels like of 105. It was that way yesterday and I worked out in my flowers and mowed my yard. Not going to work out there today though. We have stuff to do today because we are leaving on vacation tomorrow morning. We are heading to the Upper peninsula of Michigan through the weekend, and then heading over to Ohio Amish country for three days before returning home. 

That brings me to my next item, I don’t know how much blogging I will be doing  for the next week. It’s not a big deal I reckon. There are only a couple of people that actually read this stuff and then only sporadically. So, I reckon not much is lost, if anything at all. Anyway, if you do follow my blogs, thank you, and don’t give up, I just don’t know what my schedule will be. 

I spent a good deal of time out in in my flower bed yesterday. It is the one next to my raised garden beds. We’ve been saying for weeks that we really need to get out there  but haven’t done it. Consequently, it got terribly overgrown with weeds. But I took care of part of it yesterday. I thought I had some Preen to put down on the freshly turned soil to help prevent more weeds but I couldn’t find any. I did manage to get a blister on the webbing between my thumb and index finger. I haven’t done that in many a year. \I should have worn my gloves up didn’t. 

So today, we need to collect our stuff and pack our suitcases for the trip. We also need to go by the bank and take out some money and then I need to run up to the church and pick up some communion supplies. I always do a short worship service with Holy Communion included for our reunions. The group we are going to meet is a bunch of the guys and wives that I was stationed with back in the late 1960’s. There are lot less of us these days and COVID hasn’t helped at all. But, we are all in our 70’s now and I suspect the days of travel and reunions are coming to a close. We have lost several of the guys and several of the wives too. Several have cancer and or other life ending things going on in their lives. But, I’m grateful that we have been able to maintain contact with one another over the years. Small, close military units create a special bond that no-one can explain. But it exists. Salute. 

I’ve filled the bird feeders and they are busy today. They will be empty by the time we get home again and they guests will be waiting for me to fill them up again. It’s a vicious cycle I tell ya’. LOL

Time to get the cloths out of the dryer and pull out the suitcase. Until next time, have a blessed week. I pray for peace in the world and I pray for peace in your soul. 




 







No comments:

Post a Comment