Saturday, August 7, 2021

 Good morning, it’s hard to believe that it is Saturday morning already. This has been a busy week for all of us. I think I told you that we were planning an overnight trip up to Nashville, Indiana. We did that, we took Karen, my sister-in-law law with us. We stayed at the Brown County Inn there in Nashville. It was an okay place. I guess our only complaint was that the staff was a bit noisy first thin in the morning as they got ready to do their stuff. But other than that it was fine. We went to the place that Ms. Kate was looking for and and bought a new piece of yard art for the flowerbed. It looks nice out there. Thursday morning we got ready. And headed back home with mission accomplished. On the way we took a side trip out to Johnson, IN for Creeks farm so we could pick up a couple of cantaloupes and a watermelon. Then we came on home and I did some writing. 

Friday, I had a funeral to do mid-day so that takes up about three and a half hours. Then, I had gotten a call that my organist, Karen, had taken areal turn for the worse. The doctors had called the family in for her. I went to the hospital and spent three hours with them. She didn’t pass yesterday or last night, but it could be any minute. So, their family is all doing death watch. My heart breaks for them. Karen has been the anchor of their lives, and frankly, an anchor for that church. She lost her husband 14 years ago and has raised her kids into young adults that are great kids too. \

So today, I need to put my work jeans on and go out and mow the lawn, do some seed eating, fill the feeders for the birds, maybe dig my potatoes and I don’t know what else. There isi always something to do around here. 

Did I tell you that the house behind us sold? There was a lady that lived there for years by herself. Her name is or was Margret. I don’t know if she is alive or not. She was never a friendly neighbor particularly. I know she went into a nursing home some months ago. Hr son took over the estate and sold the house. It sold last week or maybe earlier this week, I don’t know. But the new owners had a six foot privacy fence put up immediately around the place. I guess they don’t want any neighbors looking at them. They should have bought out in the country instead of a subdivision,  Oh well, not my problem. My only hope is that they will take down that cypress tree that dumps crap over in my yard all the time. 

Time to quit for today. Have a great weekend. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment