Thursday, September 26, 2019

Thursday morning —- AGAIN! Where did Tuesday and Wednesday go? I didn’t think I was that busy that I missed days but I have. Actually those days were full. We’ve had doctor’s appointments this week. Tuesday we spent the morning at the optometrist appointment. We hadn’t been in a year so it was time for our annual check-up. My vision was fine with only a micro-difference between last year and now. Ms. Kate however needs new glasses. We knew that was going to be the case as she has been having trouble seeing stuff. So, it took awhile for her. Because she is a diabetic they always dilate her eyes and that takes longer too. But, we picked out some really cute frames for her for both regular glasses and sun glasses. She has had the same frames for nine years and it was time for her to change some.

Yesterday was of course Wednesday and that is an office day. After I left the office I went and did a home communion with a couple of folks. Then yesterday afternoon Ms. Kate had another doctor’s appointment. Monday she had to go for a Doppler test to check her blood flow. Yesterday was the doctor’s appointment for the results of that test. Praise God, the results were perfect. She’ll go back in a year. That was the best kind of news.

Yesterday afternoon, Ms. Kate made an apple pie for us to give to neighbor Dan and his family. Sad news on that front. His former son-in-law committed suicide; I think I told you that. Bless Ms. Kate’s heart, she wanted to do something for the family so she baked a pie. That’s the kind of lady I’m married to; no frills, no fuss, just kindness and love. Of course she made one for us too and it is delicious. I’m going to have another piece of it shortly for breakfast.

We have a busy day again today too, and tomorrow and again Saturday. Today the folks from “Tru-Green” are supposed to come by and arriate and seed our back yard. I’ve told you that we have no grass back there and we had to do something. I hope this works. I don’t particularly like the company but it was cheaper than having a landscape company come in. I guess we will see what happens. I need to go out thee and clean the leaves off of the sidewalks again. The leaves on the poplar trees are certainly falling.

This afternoon we have an appointment with our lawyer to sign our Last Will and Testament and Power of Attorneys. I having copies made for each of the girls and since we’ll be seeing each of them before Christmas we can give them each a copy. I don’t want there to be any problems or secrets after we have passed away. I went through that with my sister and the result is that we no longer see each other and seldom speak. That was four years ago. What a shame and a waste of life. But, our girls know that everything gets split even between them including the mess they will have trying to clear out this house from all of our stuff.

I guess that is it for today. It is a cooler morning and the sun is hidden behind the clouds. It looks like it could rain but that is an empty promise. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment