Monday, September 23, 2019

Monday morning and I'm at the office. I came in late today because I have already been out doing a parishioner visit at the hospital. Ms. Kate had a doctor's appointment at Deaconess Mid-town Hospital this morning at 0800 and we have a parishioner up there. So, I took her for her appointment and then went up to see our person. He was awake and alert which is better than I have seen him in some time. He is having some heart problems and today he is supposed have another test of some kind.

We had a good service yesterday at church. We did get to have it out doors in our Woodland Chapel. The weather was perfect although it was a bit windy. I was afraid that the organist was going to lose her music from off of the keyboard. I had put my sermon in document protectors and a three ring binder and even then the wind was catching it. But it all went well. That was our last one for the season. By October it is generally a little more cool out there than people are comfortable with. I think we still have a wedding or two planned for out there this fall. Neither Art nor I are involved with them. We rent the facility out for weddings and most people already have a pastor they want to use. As pastors of the church we do have "first rite of refusal" for all weddings and funerals. Generally folks don't use us for funerals though unless they have a cemetery plot out here.

We had a sprinkling of rain last night, and I do mean sprinkling. It wasn't enough to settle the dust. I could tell that the sidewalk was barely damp in places and not at all under the limbs of the big trees. So far we have only had .01 inches of rain for the month of September and the month is about over. I have a lot of leaves falling already from the big trees. I don't know if that is because the weather and ground is so dry or if it is a sign of an early and bad winter coming. One of the foks here at church said last week that the persimmon seeds had "spoons" in them anstead of "forks". I guess that when you split the seed open and the center is shaped like a spoon it means we are going to have a cold and snowy winter. Personally, I'd rather rely on the caterpillars. Everyone knows that if you see a lot of caterpillars in the fall and late fall it is going to be a really bad winter. LOL

Well, I guess I better get at least some work done while I'm here. I have a couple of parishioner calls to make and need to get on with it. Have a blessed week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment