Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday night. I don’t generally sit down to write on a Sunday evening. I know tomorrow is going to be a busy day though. I have office hours in the morning, and yes, I sometimes write during that time, but I have a sermon to work on and want to get to that tomorrow morning. Then,  I have a a home visitation and communion to do in the afternoon. That is at 1400 hours and I know the lady and I will get to gabbing and I’ll not get out of there until probably 1530. The lady is 90 years old and was one of my Sunday school teachers when I was a youngster and then she was my Youth Fellowship leader when I was a teenager. She and her husband, who I did a funeral for  a few years ago, were two of my favorite people when I was growing up. I already know that when she passes, I’ll be doing her funeral too regardless of where I may be preaching. Ms. Katherine has made that clear. LOL.

Yesterday we had our annual fund raiser at the church, a car show. We had 79 cars show up this year which is a good number. There were six other car shows around town yesterday. But, people lke to come to ours because we don’t have an entry fee; we do ask for donation but that goes to the Weekday Christian Education of Evansville. We award prizes and and trophies for the top 25 cars and also a “Pastor’s Choice” trophy, and a Best of show trophy. It is one of the best in town.

We had aa pretty good attendance at church today even though it was “Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure” Sunday, and a lot of women go to that rather than attend their own church. It’s a good cause and they are dong God’s work, so, —- it’s all good.

Ms. Kate made pies today. She made one large apple pie, two small apple pies, a small apple and blue berry pie and a small blueberry pie. We had a blueberry pie and ice cream for dinner tonight and it may have bee the best blueberry pie I have ever eaten. Ms. Kate is a marvelous cook but her absolute best things are homemade soups and her pies. Her cream soups are to die for.

That is it for tonight. Have a great weekend be intentional i your walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment