Thursday, September 5, 2019

Hello Thursday, how did you sneak by Wednesday? And a good morning to all of you or the few of you which ever fits the dynamic.

It is a 68 degree sunny morning. I’v had my breakfast and I’ve done four miles on my recumbent bike. I may do another four later today, we’ll just have to see what happens. I have some other things I need to do today and I have some writing that I want to get started on. Yesterday afternoon I finished the sermon that I was working on and finished the worship service and got that sent off to the secretary to turn not a a bulletin at some point. The sermon is for October 26th so there is no hurry. But I came up with an idea for a sermon that I guess I’ll use the first Sunday of November. That is “transformation Sunday” according to the liturgical calendar and although I did not know that, my sermon idea truly fits right along with that. (Don’t tell me that the Holy Spirit doesn’t give you nudges!)

Well, we had some disappointing news last evening, I got a call from the people that we were going to rent a vacation cabin from in June telling me that the owner of the cabin has pulled the cabin from their system. That is a real bummer. Of course she is going to refund my deposit and my insurance fee but that still leaves us scrambling for a place to do our family reunion. So, I’ve alerted the girls and they are looking and searching for a place. We are nine months out and that really is a short time since most places get booked a year out. Between us, we’ve come up with a few options but I’ll need to take a closer look at them along with Ms. Kate. Finding a place that is close enough for some to drive to and close enough to an airport for others to fly in to that will accommodate 20 of us isn’t that easy. So, I’ll be spending some time today looking at vacation homes. It’s frustrating because the place we had was really nice. It sat right on the creek in Gatlinburg, TN. Oh, well, must have not been meant to be.

That’s all for today my friends. I hope your day is filled with good things. Continue to pray for all of the people that have been devastated y Hurricane Dorian. There are at least twenty known dead that I have heard of. My heart goes out to the families that have lost loved ones. And to the peopleof the Bahamas. The island was almost totally ripped apart. May God give them comfort and may we as aa nation quit bickering and hating one another long enough to do what ever we can to help these people,  

Go with God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment