Monday, September 16, 2019

Monday from Las Vegas. It is 1600 in the afternoon and Ms. Kate and I haven't done much of anything except walk around the Venetian and the Palazzo complex. We've played a few mchines, had some fun, had some good food and now I think it may just be time for a short nap before dinner. The temperatire outside is about 100 degrees so there is no value to going out there for anything. Later we will go back downstairs for dinner at The Grand Lux Cafe. It is our favorite place to eat here in this complex despite all of the restaurants that are owned by some very famous chefs such as Emeril Lagasse and Wolfgang Puck. Their food is good, no doubt about that. However, you pay an arm and a leg for smaller portions and usually it is prepared in a way that while might be what "fine dining " tastes like --- it sure isn't Ms. Kate's cooking. It's too fancy for me.

I as looking out the window from our hotel room. We are on the twenty ninth floor and we can see off into the Vegas Valley. The sky is somewhat cloudy and you can see areas where it is raining but the rain never makes it to the ground because the heat and dry air dries it out first. It is kind of an amazing phenomena. We lived out here for two years from 1997-1999 and we saw that happen often. Wow! It has been twenty years since we lived here. That is amazing.

It's time I think for me to go recline on the bed and close my eyes for awhile. I hope your week is great. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment