Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Hello and happy Wednesday from Las Vegas. Ms. Kate and i arrived here yesterday afternoon and have spent the time playing a few slot machines, had a couple of really good meals, and spent a lot of time just resting. We went to bed at 2200 last night and slept like logs. I guess the getting up at 0500 CST and goping to bed at what would have been 2400 CST kust wore us out. 

Today we again played a few machines, I think I'm down $50.00 or so for the two days. I consider that really good for me. I usually alot myself $100.00 a day to lose so I'm excited to be "only" fifty bucks in the hole. That's a win. I suppose there are people that would say I'm a bad pastor because I come out here to Vegas and play the slot machines and I'm gambling. But, I look at as the price of entertainment. I don't think of it as gambling because I never expect to win, and I'm usually right. 

Today is 9/11/2019 and it is the 18th anniversary of the attack on America and the downing of the Twin Towers in New York City, the crashng of a plane into the Pentagon, and the attempted seizure of another airplane that resulted in the passengers overtaking the terrorists and the plane crashing into a field. Over 3000 people were killed at the time and the war that resulted from that act has killed many, many of our soldiers and civilian workers from this country and an untold number of "the enemy".  The bottom line is that hundreds of thousands of God's people on both sides of the world have died or been wounded with lost limbs and life changing injuries all because of hate. And while we think of the losses of the fighting paticipants, we fail to remember that every victim of the initial 9/11 attack, and every other person that has been kiolled or injured due to this action since then --- had a family that grieved. We humans are often lousy examples of God's creation. 

That's it for tonight. Have a great week. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment