Monday, September 9, 2019

Monday morning and it is going to be a hot one today. The morning has started off nice with temperatures in the lower seventies but it is going to climb into the 90's before the day is over. And the blesed humidity won't let the temperature go anywhere by itself so it too is going to climb. How nice of them to play together and make it miserable for everyone.

Saturday I decided that I need to get another pair of shoes to wear. I wanted a pair of white tennis shoes. I have a pair of Under Armor tennis shoes that I bought and the one for my left foot works well. However, the right shoe is so big that it literally feels like a clown shoe when I wear it. It actually "flops". This brace forces me to wear a size eleven in order for it to fit over my brace. My normal shoe size is a nine and a half. So we went to Shoe Carnival to shop for a pair of shoes. I ended up having to buy two pair of shoes in order to have one pair to wear. I got a pair of size eleven and a pair of size ten that were identical. The best they would do for me (and it makes sense) was to do a BOGO with the second pair being half price. But, at least I have a pair to wear that looks much better.

My blog writing is going to be sporadic for the next week. Ms. Kate and I are leaving early tomorrow morning for vacation. We are heading to Vegas. We'll spend three night in Las Vegas, then two nights at Heather's house in Menifee, CA, and then back to Las Vegas for another three nights. So, I'll write when I have the time.

We had a good worship service yesterday. We had 68 in attendance. For whatever reason our attendance is lower when we have outdoor services. I think people worry about maybe tripping in the layers of mulch that is covering the ground between the pews. And, there are always a few bugs that fly around and some folks don't want to sweat if it is hot or shiver if it is cool. The church has spent a lot of money fixing up the Woodland Chapel in the last two years. We now have a great set of concrete steps running from the top down to the "chancel" area. It has a removable set of handrails that we put in each Sunday and we take them out for brides to walk down the aisle.

Did you take time yesterday to go and worship? I hope you did. I find that if I don't start my week with worship, much of the week just seems "off". It is that sense of Christian comraderie that I love. But, if you missed this week, put it on your to-do list for the next weekend. With that, I'll sign off for today. Have a blessed week. Do something nice for a stranger and call someone that you haven't talked to in awhile. It will make you feel better. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment