Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Wednesday afternoon and we are in Driggs, Idaho. Our drive today was a relatively short one and it was a nice drive. The weather today thought has just been one weird thing after another. We were woken up this morning with a thunderclap that literally sounded like it was in our room. I got out of bed and looked out the door and I see one dark cloud mostly passed over us and all else is sunshine. It was cold out side though. I closed the door and we got up and slowly begin to get ourselves ready to pack out for the day. The next time I opened the door, it had snowed. The parking lot and the cars were covered but it was melting rapidly. So, we checked out of West Yellowstone and then headed on down to Driggs. We went through a couple of “snow showers” but most of the time the sun was shining or at least it was partly sunny. We stopped and had our lunch and then came on over to the Teton Valley Cabins to check in. It was sunny when we checked in and it was sleeting/raining when I went to bring in the suitcases. Then just like that it was sunnny again. It has been like that the rest of the day.

Tomorrow we plan to go see the Grand Teton mountains from the Wyoming side and if we have time, we want to go see an Elk Refuge that is over around Jackson. We learned about that place from the lady who is in the adjoining cabin.  It sounds fascinating.

This vacation has been a real chance to be in touch with God. We’ve seen the natural wonders of the earth such as geysers and waterfalls, and forests. We’ve seen many of God’s creatures up close such as elk, massive buffalo, lots of wild turkeys and deer and chipmunks and birds. I wish that everyone could do this type of vacation. The Holy Spirit would fill their heart with awe and joy. Ms. Kate and I both feel so very blessed.

Having said all of that, it will, as always feel great to get back home and back to my sunporch so I can watch my critters at the backyard buffet.

Until I write next, I wish you peace and joy in your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment