Saturday, October 21, 2017

And a very happy Saturday to you! It is a calm, cloudy 57 degree morning out side. I’m starting to get some guests in for the backyard buffet. One of the local cats was sitting here in the yard for awhile so none of my customers dared come around. But it has now moved on and a few small birds have begun to appear. I haven’t had an abundance of birds this week and my feeders aren’t being depleted very quickly either. I think most of the birds are eating from the fields because harvest is in full swing and in many cases around here, the farmers have already brought the harvest in. I was talking to my buddy Bob yesterday and he said he thought that they had gotten a record harvest. That wold be wonderful if they did. On the other hand a record harvest usually mean the price drops out of the bucket. It is a plain fact; the farmer never wins.

We had another long and busy day yesterday. We began with Ms. Kate’s physical and we both got or flu shots while we were there. By the time her appointment was over, we were both hungry so we went out and had lunch. From there we went to Staples and had my crashed computer checked out and it was as bad as I suspected it would be. So I had them throw it in the recycle bin and bought a new one. The really bad thing is that I have lost every computer file I ever had. I have no backup of anything. So, I now have a brand new 1TB computer that is totally empty of any of my data. I’ll have to build everything from scratch. Oh well, there are worse crisis in life. Luckily, the one document I had on a flash drive is a book that I have started writing and have about forty pages written.

Anyway — I digress, Next I brought Ms. Kate home and I went to Ft. Branch to see Bob. He had called and asked if we could use some rest turnips and of course I said yes. So, I drove the 25 miles up there, visited for a bit and then came back home. I had just set down in my recliner and Staples call and said that my new computer was all set up and ready for pick up. So, I drove out there and got it and on the way home I caled Ms. Kate and told her I was on the way and she met me out in front of the house so we cold go to a birthday dinner at the Log Inn. We got home close to 2100 hours and I got my computer all set up again in my office, and watched a couple of my television shows. We turned out the light about 0130 this morning.

Today I need to finish putting my new broadcast spreader together and get the winterizer weed and seed fertilizer put down in the yard. Stuff to do, stuff to do. But, you know; — as hectic and worrisome as the last ten or eleven days have been, we still woke up every morning with a life full and overflowing with the blessing of Almighty God. We didn’t get up with a home destroyed by weather. We didn’t get up having lost a loved one. We didn’t get up facing some terminal illness except for getting older each day. We woke up looking at each other with the expectation that we will go to bed tonight doing the same thing. Our life is blessed and I give all praise and all glory to God for those blessings. I hope you will take time to look at your abundance of blessings today and then go to your house of worship and join others who want to share their blessings. God is so good!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment