Monday, October 16, 2017

Happy Monday! I hope your week has started off better than ours around here. This morning first thing I had to take Ms. Kate to the emergency room for the pain in her neck and spine. She has been in a lot of pain since Friday but has tried to tough it out. I tried to get her to go to the ER yesterday but she was having none of it. But after her second night of not being able to sleep, she gave in. (Dang stubborn German.) It turns out that what we both thought was a pinched nerve was actually a severe arthritis flare up in her neck. It is the first time that she has had anything like this. Well they gave her pain medication and nausea medicine. However, while the pain has subsided she has been throwing up ever since they gave her the meds. I have her home now and she is finally sleeping peacefully. But bless her little stubborn heart, she could have avoided a night of pain if she had let me take her to the ER yesterday like I asked to. Unfortunately the arthritis runs in her father’s side of the family and our daughter Julie really has it bad with Rhumatoid Arthritis and goes through these horrible flare ups frequently. The stubbornness however—- that is from her mom’s side of the family. LOL

So, I attended my 55th year high school reunion on Saturday night. It was everything I expected it to be; mundane  meaningless conversation, faces I no longer recognized, edible (I didn’t say good) food, and a too long and boring program. I don’t know why I give in to going to those things. I had several people ask me if I was going but I didn’t get to sit with any of them. Remind me in five years to say “no”.

Yesterday was Homecoming Sunday at our church and it was very well attended. There were people there that have since moved on to other churches and people that just haven’t attended for one reason or another. The church was about three quarters full. The new organist played beautifully, the choir sounded wonderful, and the guest pastor gave a geat sermon. He had been pastor of our church for eighteen years. The meal was typical “church carry-in” which you know mean “yummmm!” Ms.. Kate wasn’t up to going or fixing a vegetable for me to take for the meal so I fixed up a pot of green beans with ham pieces and a little opinion soup mixed in. There was one helping left when I brought it home and Ms. Kate had that for her only meal of the day.

That’s it for today my friends. Please say a prayer for Ms. Kate. We need her to get to feeling better. Until next time, stay in touch with God; I promise you that God is staying in touch with you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment