Wednesday, October 18, 2017

It is Wednesday isn’t it? I sometimes lose track of days and just can’t remember. And we have had so many things going on around here since we got back a week ago yesterday, (I think), that I have really lost track. If the trash man picks up my cans in the morning them I’ll know it is Thursday.

Regardless of the day in the week, it is beautiful outside. The temperature has moved up from 49 degrees to 63 degrees by now. That will be the high for today. The sun is shining bright but there is a breeze that will make it feel a little cooler than that. When I eventually get outside, I may stick to wearing my sweatshirt until I see how it feels when I get busy out there.

Neighbor Dan and his wife are home from another trip, this one to Texas. They don’t mind making that trip in one day and it took them fourteen hours. Ms. Kate and I just don’t like to travel like that. I’ll pay for a hotel room and get a good nights sleep and a breakfast, thank you very much. But, the good news is that he brought me back two cases of Lone Star Beer from Texas. I will be very stingy with that beer. I don’t drink much beer when I’m at home. Ms. Kate doesn’t drink and can’t drink because of certain medicines that she takes and I’m not one to just sit and drink. If I have more than two beers a months, it’s unusual. So these two cases will go a long time. I was surprised that he said he had a hard time finding it. Lone Star is officially called “The National Beer of Texas”. But now it is brewed by the Pabst company in California. It’s a sad story when you can’t find Lone Star Beer in Texas. LOL

Ms. Kate’s neck pain is getting better and better. She is on Extra Strength Tylenol through today but has to not take any more until after her colonoscopy tomorrow. So she has that to contend with yet today and tonight. Bless her heart, — it has been a rough week for her.

I guess I beettter get out of this chair and into my work clothes and get out in the yard. I got side tracked with talking to Dan for almost an hour so I’m really running late. I hope where ever you are is as beautiful as it is here today. If so, I hope that you have time to get out and enjoy it and feel the warmth of the sunshine that God is putting on your face. Take time to give God praise today and to pray for your fellowman. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment