Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It was, I think, about 0145 this morning when Ms. Kate and I finally pulled the covers up and settled in for the night. We did put in a long day yesterday but we got so much done. We found our living room and our dining room once again. They had gone missing under all of the stuff we had carried into them to store during the remodel. So, those two room are back in shape, the pictures are hung in the family room, and the Christmas tree is up with exception of the ornaments which will happen today along with doing laundry and more worship service preparation.

It is a blustery 44° morning with cloudy skies. The weatherman said last evening that we have only had one day of actual sunshine so far this month and he doesn't see any coming any time soon. And, while I could say, "at least it isn't snowing", these kind of days do concern me. December is often a month full of depression instead of a month of joy. People get depressed because they get lonely; they get depressed because they don't have close family or friends that come to visit them, or they don't have enough money and or a whole lot of other reasons. And, --- December then often becomes a month of suicide. And, weather and gloomy days, one after another, is a direct contributor to that depression and suicide. I have read that more senior citizens die duing December than any other month. So, if you have an elderly person that you kknow, --- stop in once in a while and check on them and let them know you care about them.

I really need to get out and pick up another 100 lbs of sunflower seed and some other kinds of bird feed. My can is almost empty out there in the shed and I don't want to wait until snowfall and then try to take care of it. So, just one more thing to add to today's list. I don't seem to have a lot of birds out there this morning; just a couple of Cardinals. But, of coyrse, the bushy tailed rats are helping themselves. They are eating like there is no tomorrow. I could go shoot them off with my trusty Red Ryder but what the heck, let them eat. It is cold and windy and I feel sorry for them. Besides, they'd be back in five minutes anyway.

My prayers this morning must start off with prayes of gratitude for the bounty of blessings that God constantly showers upon me. But I also offer prayers of concern for those who are out on the streets this Christmas. I pray they will find shelter and that they will find oppirtunities to make the lives better. I also pray this morning that this country will come together as a nation. Our streets are becoming filled with crowds of protesters demanding "social justice" for causes that in many cases don't exist, but are stirred up by radical thinkers and then inflamed by a national media frenzy that sesationalizes violence for the sole purpose of money and ratings. Going to your knees and thanking God for what you have is being replaced by going to the streets and demanding more.  If every one of those demonstrators who are screaming in the streets for change actually went out and took food to a shelter, or took in a homeless person for a couple of nights, or took a warm blanket or coat out and gave it to a person who had nothing --- that would be social justice in action. .

Ok, my soapbox is safely stored once again. I hope you have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment