Thursday, December 11, 2014

A very good Thursday morning to each and everyone of you. I'm back in the the sunporch and the cardinals are back on their feeders. I have spent the last hour filling everything up and am just now getting to sit down to my coffee. Life is back on keel.

We got home late last night; got the suitcases unpacked but not necessarily put away. It was 0030 hours when we finally pulled the covers over our heads. But, that is about the same time that we normally go to bed every night so I reckon we are getting back on schedule. I was up early this morning because I didn't know what time to expect our contractors today. I could easily have slept another hour because they still aren't here. It appears they are at the finishing stages though.  The work they have done so far really looks great. I know they have a bunch of electrical work to do yet. The heat vent out here in the sunporch is great. Putting this house back together will take some time and effort. Every room is in some state of disarray. But until the contractors are gone, there is no use to start on much of anything because we really can't get to anything. There is a light coat of dust from all of the sanding on most things regardless of how good their efforts were to seal off the rest of the rooms. It isn't the definition of a "white Christmas" one normally thinks of.

Our vacation was wonderful but marred by thoughts and concerns for our aunt back here. She had a second stroke but seems to be holding her own. We will go up and see her today. My sister-in-law, Karen, came back several days ago to be with her because she is her medical power of attorney. Karen has been up there almost constantly since she returned. The blessing is that Aleen is right with the Lord, and is prepared to move on to be with family that have proceeded her into God's eternal peace. What a great way to feel; --- right with the world and at peace with God.

Visiting with Heather and family was wonderful. We didn't do a lot other than visit and just "be together", but that was all that was required. Lauren and Jon are growing up so fast. We'll go back in June for her high school graduation. And Jon, the youngest of the grandkids, will be starting high school next fall. Heather has a really great love interest in her life, and we really like him. Ms. Kate and I hope good things will come out of their relationship.

I give God thanks this morning for safe passage through our trip. I also sit here and gaze out my windows and reflect of all of the ways God has blessed me. A wealth of God's wonder and beauty flits by my windows in the form of Cardinals and Bluejays, and Junkos and Finches, and I'm reminded that God cares for every creature individually. I also thank God this morning that my brother-in-law celebrated  his birthday a couple of days ago; because quite frankly, we didn't know if he would see another birthday this year. I've said it a thousand times and I hope I never forget to say it: God is so very good. I can only praise His holy name.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment