Saturday, December 13, 2014

I woke this morning to a cloudy, 41° day and what sounded like thunder. In reality though, it was the sound of a half dozen squirrels running full out across my roof. They have run full speed chasing one another up and down the seven large trees that surround my yard, through the yard, up and down the fenceline. It is amazing how fast they can run and jump from one tree or branch to another. I don't know why they are doing this, but it is certainly entertaining to watch.

I'm happy to report that our aunt has now gotten better enough to be released from the hospital and is now in the assisted living portion of the same place she had been living. At least she is now "close to home". Is it a blessing? We all have mixed feelings on that I suppose. She hasn't passed away which gives us an opportunity to still be with her and share our love with her. She still has good mental capacity and somewhat fair ability to speak. However, she is now paralyzed on one entire side of her body and the blessing of death is her true wish. But, God is in charge and we must often search through the pain and suffering we see and experience to try and find the blessings in each situation; because in the end, the facts are the same: God is good. So my prayer this morning is that she will experience the warmth of God's love and that she can use that as her strength to improve her quality of life. My brother-in-law, Kelly, lay in this same condition for almost fourteen years and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Our contractor and crew have finished their work in our family room and we are so very pleased with the results. Now of course, comes the hard part for of getting everything back in place that we scattered throughout three other rooms. But, if I can get the living room portion cleared out enough to put up at least one Christma tree for Ms. Kate, --- life will be good for her.

I stopped writing in the middle of this blog today for us to run to Walmart. I was very pleased to hear our cashier wish me a Merry Christmas instead of being politically correct. It was just another bright blessing in my day.

I'm offering up prayers today for one of my parishioners who lost her father last night to an anuerism. She has asked me to do the memorial service since he didn't have a church. Of course I said I would. We buried Kathy's mom twelve years ago in this same time period so we know well what that family is experiencing. I pray God's comfort for them. Mingling the joy of the birth of our Savior with the sudden death of a loved one will leave one with mixed emotions for several years to come.

May your day be full of Christmas joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment