Friday, December 26, 2014

Happy day after Christmas! I wonder if there is a name for today. Christmas Post maybe? I don't know. Maybe we'll just call it the anti-climatic day after Christmas. It is afternoon and our house is quiet. Julie and Jim are out doing a little shopping and I think they are going to stop by White Castle and pick up some lunch because they are horrified that I have never been there or had a White Castle burger. They love them but I've always heard they pretty much taste like saw dust. I reckon I'll know soon enough. Kathy and her mom bought some one time and she said they were so bad that they wouldn't even let the dogs eat them.

Ms. Kate is snoozing in her chair waiting to go to a meeting about her aunt's prognosis concerning her stroke. This will be their first consultation since she was moved from the hospital to assisted living. It will be good to hear where the staff thinks she is as far as progress is concerned.

Our Christmas Eve services went extremely well. We did an infant baptism at St. Paul's at that service.  I played a keyboard solo for the prelude at each church. I did pretty good but I could have done better. We had a fair attendance at each service. In all we had a little over 100 people total. That has been the normal attendance for Christmas Eve for the ten years I have been there. At least this year we didn't have any snow to contend with or prevent people from coming to the service.

Christmas day we spent doing not a lot of anything. We of course excanged gifts with Julie and I'm. Ms. Kate fixed a delicious lunch of shrimp and pasta. In the afternoon we went out to visit with my mother and with Kathy's aunt. Last evening we did movies and popcorn at home. And, --- we talked to the other girls and the grandkids on the phone. All in all, a peaceful day of family and love which is exactly what a Christmas day should be about. 

This morning Ms. Kate and I loaded up all of the re-cycle stuff and took it out to the re-cycle center. I had the boxes from Christmas purchases sitting here in the garage and didn"t want to sit them by the curb to advertise new purchases in the house. Thieves love it when people do that. We also save all of our plastic bottles from water and milk etc. Kate goes through a lot of Disani water and it would be a crime against nature to throw all of that plastic into a landfill.

My prayers today are for safe travel for the millions of folks who are going to be heading out on the roadways back to their homes this weekend. I also offer prayers of thanks for a peaceful Christmas. And, I offer prayers of thanks to God for the gift of his Son, Jesus. I pray the entire world would experience the love and peace that Jesus has brought to this world. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment