Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tuesday morning and another soaking wet day. It isn’t raining at the moment but “boy-howdy”, it rained last night. I woke up around 0600 and it was pouring like crazy. Ms. Kate said it did that off and on throughout the night. There is a front stalled out to the north of us and it i allowing trains of rain to come up from the Gulf coast. That leaves us with hot, muggy, and rainy days. Some towns to the east of us have been getting rain in the amount of six and seven inches at a time. Roads are flooded in many places and washed away in others. The east coast of the country isn’t faring any better. We are supposed to be in Virginia Beach, VA today and it is hot and muggy there today too. This is the day we were supposed to go to Williamsburg. It would be miserable walking around there on a day like today.

My inability to get out and feed my birds on a regular basis since February has really taken a toll on my Backyard Buffet. This morning I have only had one lone cardinal come around rechecking the feeders. Of course the squirrels haven’t given up yet. Right now I have two playing on the roof of the sunporch. I hear them running around and sliding around on that slick surface. Ms. Kate can’t really help me by filling them because she can’t reach them. I can’t do it because I can’t stand on one leg that long. So, they will just have to wait awhile longer. I had gotten back to feeding them some before the infection in my leg took me down three weeks ago. But, once I can walk again and the ground actually dries out, I’ll be back out there and as soon as I do, the guests will start arriving again and maybe life in the mornings will be back to normal. I could ask one of the boys next door to come over and fill them and I bet they would.

Thursday morning, bright and early I go to have my stitches taken out. I don't know why that excites me so much but it does. Once they are out, he will wrap it back up for another week I think and I still will not be allowed to put weight on it. Although, I have to admit that I have put it down once in awhile just to steady myself and I have had no pain with it. But walking is going to be another matter for sure. I have a feeling that I am going to have to learn how to handle that and I guess that with out a brace it would hold me up. I’m not sure how all of that works, but I’m about to find out.

Time to get busy doing something, even it is only getting cleaned up for the day. I hope your day is full of blessings and love. I send you God’s blessings. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment