Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A good Wednesday morning to you. I hope you woke up this morning well rested and ready to take on the day. I had a partially good night but then I woke up and laid there tossing and turning and going over things in my head. I hate nights like that. I don’t know how long that actually lasted but it was long enough to leave me tired this morning. I think the problem is that I am getting too much sleep. Being inactive and having to put my leg up puts me in my recliner way too often and then I drift off to sleep before I know it. Come night time, I fall asleep easily but then around 0230 I wake up and the tossing and turning begins.

Tomorrow morning I meet with my orthopedic surgeon and I am really hoping that he will make me weight bearing again. (Did I tell you this yesterday?) Being weight bearing will get me off of my knee scooter and therefore off of a deteriorating knee and I can move to my walker. This morning I have been researching carbon fiber leg and ankle braces just to get an idea of what I will be in store for on the next part of this never wanted adventure. Dr. Richardson will prescribe for what he thinks I need so right now anything I look at is merely a guess. I will tell you though, none of them are fashion statements and looking at the prospect of wearing one for the rest of my life gives me cause for pause. But I still think it is a better option than having another surgery to take a tendon from one part of the body to put it in another part of the body. I hope to hve timee to ask Dr, Richardson tomorrow what he envisions.

I think Ms. Kate and I are going to go out for brunch today and then we are going to go to the Cadillac dealer and get a battery put in her key fob. Her car’s computer told her that her battery was getting low. From there we will go to my infusion appointment.

Time to go do that. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment