Monday, June 24, 2019

Monday morning and it is still raining, or at least raining again. But the good news is that it forced me to get to the garage and car via the garage steps instead of taking the scooter around. I found out that I can make it. I'm still official "non-weight bearing" on the leg but, desparate times call for desparate action and the leg got tested. I used a cane and the handrail and made it down just fine. Yes, I did put weight on the leg and it worked just fine and had zero pain with it. Praise be to God. I think it is healed to about the 98% level anyway. My only irritation and "pain" comes from the bandages rubbing on my leg. Come on July 2nd! That's the day the leg gets freed.

We had a great service yesterday. We had 76 in attendance including four of our friends from Ft. Branch. Bob, Brenda, Connie and Ruth all came down for the service. It was really great to see them again. I had so many good comments about my sermon yesterday. I thought it was a pretty good one but I was surprised at how many folks made such wonderful comments. Pastor Art asked me this morning how I was going to beat my yesterday's sermon. LOL He said to me after church, "Now that was a Baptist sermon.!

I'm in the office until about noon today and then we'll go somewhere to have lunch and then I have my infuson appointment at 1430 as usual. I think I'm down to twenty four more days of this. How will we ever fill our time when we don't have to stop in the middle of the day to go do these infusions? As I've said before, having them done is not a problem; it is taking the time to get there, find a place to park, signing in to the hospital every day and then getting up to the Outpatient Oncology lab for a 30 minute treatment. We use up three hours of the day everyday just for this. Maybe after the 2nd of July I can get my brce and walk on my own, Ms. Kate won't have to go with me and she can stay home and do some things that she wants to do with out interruption.

I left you for a few hours, left the office, had lunch, went for my infusion and now we are home. When we left the office it had been raining fairly hard. Now, Bless the Lord, the sun is shining and the sky is a brilliant blue. How nice it is to see that. While we were gone someone. I suspect it was Dan, mowed my yard. It really looks great.

Time to move on to other things, like maybe a nap. So I'll drop off for today. Twenty three more infusion days!!! Have a blessed day. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment