Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Ahhh Wednesday, you midweek cutie. Everybody loves to see Wednesday get here because the work-week is half over and the promise of another weekend is on the horizon.

I went to work today for the weekly staff meeting. It never amounts to much. Art and I go over the calendar of upcoming events, talk about issues in the overall state of the church and any problems that we might need to address with parishioners. It’s all pretty benign. Ms. Kate of course has to sit there through it because I need her to help me in and out of the car. She takes along her IPad and or some cards to work on while Art and I settled all of the world’s problems.

We were very lucky today again at finding a handicap parking space. We try to get as close s we can. Then she goes inside and gets a wheelchair and brings it out to the car, and then she wheels me in to the facility. Today the weather folks had predicted severe weather and thunderstorms. We got to the hospital an hour early and was lucky enough to find an up close spot. We sat there for a bit while I made a call to a parishioner that he asked me to call her. When I was done, Ms. Kate went in and got my chair and wheeled me in. We were still forty five minutes early but the infusion folks had room so they took us early. When we were about done I started getting severe thunderstorm warnings on my IPhone. We got outside and the sky was really turning dark. But, we got home and in too the garage, I got on my knee scooter and rode around the sidewalks to the back of the house and into the sunporch. I had hardly closed the sunporch door when the sky opened up and a downpour began. It didn’t last long but I would not have wanted that to happen while Ms. Kate was pushing me through the hospital parking lot. Once again, God took care of us. Now we are sitting in the sunporch, watching the rain as it comes and goes in waves. It won’t be but a few minutes and we will both be snoozing our afternoon nap.

Something drained our Hummingbird feeder last night. It is completely empty today and it was over half full yesterday. It hasn’t been pulled over or knocked off of the hanger, it is just empty. We’ll need to fill it again.

That’s it. Time to close my eyes and as my dad used to say; “check my eyelids for holes”. Have a most blessed evening. Take time to give God thanks for today’s blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment