Friday, June 14, 2019

It’s Friday afternoon. We’ve just got back from my daily trip to Deaconess Hospital for my antibiotic infusion. As of this afternoon I now have 33 more to go to. You know, the procedure isn’t a biggie and it only takes about thirty minutes once they have hooked me up and started the IV to flow. However, it is a daily distraction and time taker. We generally leave here around 1330 for my 1430 appointment. That allows for drive time, find a place to park time, find a wheelchair time, and going to patient registration for my daily new tag/bracelet, and Ms. Kate wheeling me up to the clinic. After I’m done we go back to the car and drive back home, arriving around 1545. It just takes a chunk out of the day. But — only 33 more times for that.

Jim and Julie are coming over tomorrow. For the weekend or at least to celebrate Father’s Day. I don’t really know how long they will be here. I kind of think that Julie is on vacation and may be staying the week. If so, then Jim will drive separately and go home when he’s ready. I never know what is going on.

We are planning on going to church Sunday. I have missed being there. Art said he’d like for me to do the Pastoral Prayer and the Benediction. I have agreed. That saves me a vacation week. I also lan to start back with office hours next week. That’s really going to hose up our days. I’ll be in the office from 0900 -1200, then have the infusion routine in the afternoon. That will happen on Monday and Wednesday and then Thursday I need to be at the doctor’s office at 0745 so he cab take my stitches out. My appointment was for later in the day but he has a surgery to do so I said whatever and whenever. He basically dropped everything to do my emergency surgery two weeks ago so I owe hime that much.

We got home from the hospital yesterday and neighbor Dan was out there mowing my yard. He was pretty quick about it too. I’ve told him he could drive one of the JDs to mow but he uses his self propelled walk-behind. I appreciate hime taking care of it. I’ll be so glad to be able to get back on my JD and start mowing again.

Time to watch the news. I pray you will have a great evening. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment