Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thursday, June 27th. This month is just about gone isn’t it. That means the year is almost half over and I have been laid up for almost all of it. But, things are improving exponentially. I am officially half way through my antibiotic infusions with only three weeks to go. Three weeks from today I have my last infusion and they will pull my PICC line out and then I can take a shower. Next week Dr. Richardson will relieve me of all of my leg dressing and I think I am going to soak my foot in a pan of warm water for about an hour. I have not been able to wash it since this began on February 16th. Just the thought of it makes me say “Yuk”!!

I have begun walking on the leg despite what the doctor said. It gives me no pain although I might have overdone it just a bit yesterday. The splint area is uncomfortable to walk on so I have to watch how I step down on it. But, it is good to get off of the knee scooter. I’m using a cane most of the time although it works better if I use my walker. I’m anxious to see what the next step will be with the brace. I’ve been on Google several times and looked at all of the different styles of braces that they use. Some are very simple and others are very complicated and bulky looking. The prices range from less than a hundred dollars to several hundred dollars. I doubt that I am going to need anything that is complicated or bulky. I just hope it is comfortable, and I can walk well with it. I’m not looking to run any marathons; (I’m not particularly looking to run at all). But I do want to be able to get around anywhere I need to, especially up and down steps. That might require a little cane use until I get comfortable. 

The sun is shining brightly this morning again. The persistent showers and storms arre keeping the ground soaked. Yesterday afternoon we had another storm come through and at least a couple of areas got over five inches again. I’m not a real fan of the hot and muggy weather days but we really need a couple of weeks like that or the corn is never going to grow. It need some hot humid days to grow. So many of our farmers are not going to get their crops out this year. I hope they have some kind of insurance. I see some wheat fields that are looking ready for harvest but the combines can’t get in to get it because the ground is too muddy. The next problem will be if we get a really hard wind, the wheat will be blown down and impossible to combine. Farming life might look fun and even romantic, but it is a constant gamble with things over which man has zero control. 

All of this time off from physically working outside has allowed me to get ahead in my sermon writing. I’m ready to start my August 25th Sermon. Ms. Kate and I are hoping to take a week of real vacation in September and at this rate I’ll have my sermons done for September in the next couple of weeks. 

I think I will stop now and maybe do some reading. I’ve had a Stephen King novel sitting beside my chair all this time and have not touched it. I have read several other religious and theology books though so the time hasn’t been wasted. I hope your day brings you joy. Call a friend today Nd see how they are doing. Take time to inventory your life and look at all of the blessings God has provided for you and then give God praise for them. If by chance you are having some issue in your life, stop and talk to our Savior, Jesus Christ. You are never alone in this world. The God that created you is always by your side. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment