Friday, June 21, 2019

Good morning! It is Friday, June 21st, and that makes it officially the first day of summer. So — Welcome summer!

Yesterday was a good day because I got my 22 stitches taken out of my leg. I have to admit that I had some trepidation about that process. I’ve had stitches taken out before, in fact in the same area just a couple of months ago, and it wasn’t pleasant. If they get a little “in-grown” it smarts when they pull them out. But, the young technician was very gentle with it yesterday and only a couple of them gave me any notice. After the stitches were out, she put my splint back on and wrapped me up again to protect the scar. Dr. Richardson said that he was debating on whether to leave it open or wrap it again but he decided to leave it protected for a couple of more weeks. He is going on vacation until the 1st of July and my next appointment with him is on the 2nd of July. At that point he will be taking off all of my dressing and I’ll need to go get fitted for my brace. I truly hope this brace thing works out. I asked hm if I will be doing physical therapy and he said that I should have some therapy just to loosen up the ankle some, but since I won’t be able to walk without the brace anyway, any therapy beyond that would not be of benefit. I reckon we’ll see. And, he did say that the Achilles’ tendon could actually regenerate; he says it has been known to happen. I reckon God will take care of that and I don’t have to worry myself about it. I mean, —- there is nothing I could do to make it happen.

It is a bright, hot day out there today and we are expecting severe thunderstorms this afternoon and evening. I just hope it holds off until we get back from the hospital and my infusion appointment. I don’t want Ms. Kate to have to be pushing me across the parking lot in a thunderstorm. Our weather pattern forecast totally sucks for the remainder of the week and into next week. I know that we will be crying for rain at some point but right now we really do not need any more rain. A lot of farmers that actually did get their corn and beans out will have to re-plant because of flooding. And, it isn’t just here. This is happening all across the midwest where the majority of our grain is grown. So, hopefully, this whole storm thing is about done with for awhile.

That's it for today. I need to get myself dressed and ready to go for today’s infusion. How fun is that??? I hope you have a pleasant weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment