Friday, August 30, 2024

 A new week came and now that new week has come to a close. It has been a long extremely hot and uncomfortable week. We are 26 days without rain which is the longest stretch since 1988. The weather person did predict the possibility of some showers yet this evening and again tomorrow. Most peoples yards have gone dormant around here. I certainly didn’t mow mine. 

It has been entirely too hot to work outside. Yesterday the ambient temperature reached 101. That’s unusual for us. I think today’s high is going to be 98 but the feels like will be over 100 again. We’ve only gone out for the necessary things. Yesterday I did the grocery shopping at Walmart Neighborhood Market. That’s about the only place I go. I know where most stuff is and if I don’t, I just ask one of the employees that are filling “on-line” shopping baskets. They are usually in my way any way. This morning Kate had an appointment and after that we went to Haubstadt for a meat shopping trip at Dewigs. 

This is Labor Day weekend. There will be a massive amount of people out on the highways. Julie and Jim are coming over tomorrow evening and will go back hoe on Monday. Jim is going to install the kitchen light for me so I don’t have to crawl up on a ladder. I think they are also going to bring their dog’s ashes over here and we will transplant one of our saplings somewhere in the yard and bury her ashes there. We did that with their orders dogs ashes and that tree has grown beautifully. I have several Redbuds and a couple of nice Tulip Poplar trees that need to be culled out and either transplanted or thrown away. It will be the kids choice which they want to use.   

I think I told you that I ordered a Flugelhorn through Amazon. I heard a guy playing one at a concert recently and wanted to see if I could play one. So I ordered it and I finally got it this week after waiting almost six weeks. I didn’t know it was coming from India, but it did. I’ve played it a couple of times now and it does take some adjustment from the trumpet. But I like it, and will work on learning it better. I’m just an old dog learning aa new trick. I’ll probably never get real proficient on it but who knows. 

Amazon made another nice delivery at our place this week. We bought a new iRobot Roomba. The old one had quit and I bought new brushes and filters and stuff for it but it only worked a little and then it would quit with some error message . So I bought a new one. We have it hooked up and charged up and synced to Kate’s IPhone. Still haven’t run it because I guess it needs to “learn to map the house” and we haven’t had time to let it do that yet. Maybe yet today. 

That’s it for this Friday afternoon. Have a blessed holiday weekend. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment