Thursday, January 4, 2024

 January 4th of this brand new year. Time is weird all of a sudden. It seems like it was forever ago that I retired and it hasn’t been a week yet. And yet, I keep thinking that I need to get things done for this coming Sunday to prepare for the services. Sigh; I reckon I’ll get my brain straightened out soon enough. 

Our week has been busy with doing stuff for Ms. Kate of course. She had an appointment yesterday to meet with her heart doctor’s Nurse practitioner to get a pre surgery EKG and get signed off so she could have the surgery. Instead, they quickly determined that she is in AFIB again. So this morning we went for blood work and now we are waiting for lab results and for someone to call and give us an appointment date  for her heart cardioversion.  We have an appointment next Tuesday with our family doctor’s FNP and then another appointment with her surgeon on the 19th. It’s just one thing and then another. We know the surgery can’t happen now until 30 days after the cardioversion. So it all just continues to drag out. It does tend to get depressing. 

In the meantime, the most exciting thing in our lives is watching birds at feeders and bird baths. Although, I did take down the Christmas tree. That was a real “hoot”. LOL

Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment