Saturday, January 6, 2024

 Saturday morning and it is a misty 37 degrees outside. Not going to be a very inviting day at all. Long range forecasts show us to be going through several days of on and off rainy weather. But, we actually need rain. We are below average and it doesn’t look like we will be getting any or at least not very much of the snow that is going to sweep across the country this weekend and next week. But then I don’t want any snow because I don’t have my blade on the JD yet. 

We’re finally getting the appointments lined up for Ms. Kate. She has to be at Gateway Hospital at 0800 on Monday for her cardioversion. It is a two and a half hour appointment but hopefully when she is done, she will have a lot more energy. Then Tuesday she has an appointment with our family doctor’s Nurse Practitioner. Then on the 19th, she sees the surgeon again, although she is supposed to wait for the surgery until 30 days after the cardioversion. This whole things is really dragging out. 

In the meantime, I made a good pot of beef-vegetable soup yesterday and an excellent Meyer Lemon pound cake. I am expanding my cooking repertoire Of course I spend a good amount of time asking Kate how to do stuff. I also went to my local Neighborhood Walmart and did the grocery shopping. I didn’t think I had bought much until it was time to pay the bill. It doesn’t take long to jump past the hundred dollar mark these days and that was without buying any meat. One of the things that I bought that really shocked me was cottage cheese. They had a large size container of it and it was $17.00. I certainly didn’t buy it but that really shocked me. 

Well, that’s it for today. Have a great weekend. This is my first weeekend of retirement and my first time not preaching (except for vacation) in a very long time. It does feel strange. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment