Monday, January 15, 2024

 January 15th; the month is half over. 2024 is now on a roll. It is 4 degrees outside and does not promise to do a lot better today. I think 16 is the goal for today; and the same for tomorrow. By Thursday I think it is supposed to reach 32 but then drop off again on Friday. And —- it snowed. Not a lot; just enough to maybe make the driveway slick. I will put my “winters” on in a bit and see if I can use the leaf blower to blow it all off. I went outside a while ago to put some stuff in the garbage can and it was COLD!!! I didn’t stay out there long. 

My Backyard Buffet is still “the place to be” according to “Aviary Weekly”, if that was a thing. The Starlings and Robins are still the main visitors but we have plenty of Cardinals and other small birds like Juncos, Chickadees, Bluebirds, and a couple of Doves. The Starlings spend more time fighting over the feeders than they do actually eating. I don’t actually care, they are all fun to watch. 

We only have a couple of things on the calendar this week. We were going to go to the clinic for another blood draw for Kate today but we decide to wait until tomorrow. Then on Friday we meet with her surgeon. Hopefully we can get a better idea of her surgery date. We are both so anxious to get this done with. So far, the cardioversion she had last week seems to be doing what it was supposed to do. 

So, that’s it for today. Stay warm and if you must go out, stay safe. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment