Wednesday, July 27, 2022

 Another rainy morning.This is the second in a row and I think tomorrow is not supposed to be any different. The grass is getting tall and the weeds are now a jungle. Sometime during the night a huge dead limb came down off of the tulip poplar tree. I reckon I’ll have to deal with that once it quits raining. Thankfully it missed the house. But it will be an hour or two of work. 

We’ve ben busy being busy around here. First thing this morning I got the laundry started. There will be the usual two loads but it hamper was full so it was time. Laundry is a chore that I don’t mind doing with or without Kate’s help. Heck, I’ve been doing laundry since I was a kid. I go back to the wringer washer days. Mom had a wringer-washer and a set of “wash tubs”. I don’t remember how it all worked. I know that the wringer was a dangerous piece of equipment and you could get your hand and arm caught in it pretty easily. I know that in the winter we hung the wash up on clotheslines in the basement and then in the summer we would carry it up the stairs and outside to the clotheslines. We had a set of “T” poles that dad had welded together out of four inch and two inch pipes that set probably fifty feet apart and then ran aluminum wire through them. We also had a couple of maybe seven foot 1x2 with a nail at the end to use to prop the lines up when the lines began to sag from weight of the wet clothes. I was a lot of work, but part of my “chores” as a kid. So, I don’t mind at all doing today’s laundry. It’s so simple; —- separate clothes, put clothes in washer, have coffee, take clothes out and transfer to dryer and put new load in washer. Have coffee and write a blog, take clothes out and fold, have coffee, etc. etc, etc. 

Ms. Kate and I went up to the churches yesterday and ran the bulletins. It was Kari’s day to come and clean so when she got here, we took off so we were out of her way and she would feel that we were looking over her shoulder. We got home around 1:00 pm and she was gone as we thought she should be. Then yesterday evening we decided to go for dinner somewhere. Thee first place we went, Hornville Tavern, was closed so we took a leisurely drive through the backroads to the Log Inn. The meal was delicious as it always is when we eat there. It is an old stagecoach stop from long again and Abraham Lincoln actually ate there one time. They have named one of the rooms “The :Lincoln Room”. The original building was a log building and you can see the the logs from the inside. It’s a neat place. It really gets crowded on the weekend nights. Their specialty is fried chicken and “Catfish Fiddlers” which is a whole small catfish. Their German fries are great too. 

Today, I want to get my sermon for the 7th of August written. I already have my service and sermon for the 14th of August done, and I have the worship service done for the 7th and have started on the sermon. It is one of those that is just hard to get started on, but it will flow once i concentrate on it. 

So, that’s it for today. Have a blessed day and a blessed rest of your week. Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment